1 General Terms and Conditions of Komi Box
(1) Komi Box, established in Belgium, at Chaussée de Vleurgat 149, 1000 Brussels, delivers meal boxes.
(2) These conditions apply to online sales on Belgian territory. They aim to define the terms of sale between Komi Box and the consumer (together, the "Parties") of the box order, through payment and delivery. They regulate all the steps necessary to place the order and ensure the monitoring of this order between the Contracting Parties. The Parties agree that their relations shall be governed exclusively by this contract.
(3) Komi has the right to amend these general terms and conditions.
(4) By ordering via our site, you accept these terms and conditions, as well as the prices listed on the site [*] and the description of the boxes sold.
2 Obligations of the customer
(1) Any information you provide to Komi Box at any time, for example during the ordering process, must be current and accurate. Komi Box cannot be held responsible for any damage resulting from incorrect information and/or the loss of your password and, where appropriate, you will guarantee and indemnify Komi Box in case of claims by third parties in this regard.
(2) The customer is obliged to carefully read the recipes relating to the products and their use as well as the warnings accompanying the delivered products and to take them into account. Komi Box cannot be held liable for any damage caused by non-compliance with the recipes for the products and their use and warnings and you will guarantee and indemnify Komi Box in case of claims by third parties in this regard.
3 Order and conclusion of contract
(1) As a customer, you can place an order by completing and confirming the order form provided by Komi Box. We will confirm receipt of your order electronically. Only with this electronic confirmation will the contract be concluded. However, Komi Box reserves the right to refuse any order from a consumer with whom there is a dispute over payment of a previous order. In order to ensure the safety and security of its consumers, Komi Box also reserves the right to request additional information and if necessary, to refuse to execute the order.
(2) Our offer is intended for end users in Brussels and other municipalities listed on the site (for the moment). The products ordered, such as our boxes, are not intended for resale.
(3) Our product offers are valid within the limits of available stocks or subject to availability from the supplier or producer. In case of unavailability of products after placing an order, we will inform the consumer as soon as possible.
(4) Komi Box does not sell its products to persons under eighteen (18) years. By accepting these terms and conditions, you warrant that you are of age and legally capable.
4 Delivery, terms of delivery, retention of title, risk of transfer, interruption or suspension of delivery
(1) Delivery will be made only after payment of the total amount of the order.
(2) We currently deliver everywhere in Brussels and in the following municipalities; Drogenbos (1620), Genesis (1640), Hoeilaart (1560), Kraainem (1950), Linkebeek (1630), Overijse (3090), Rhode Saint-Genèse (1640), Wemmel (1780), Wezembeek-Oppem (1970), Zaventem (1930).
(3) The delivery takes place at the address that you have indicated as delivery address in the form on our website. In case of a change of address please send an e-mail to Komi Box (email@example.com).
(4) Komi box will deliver the boxes ordered on Sunday or Monday following the order, depending on your choices. You are therefore required to ensure that it is possible to deliver the products by hand to the address you have indicated, and during the time slot that you have confirmed to us. If hand delivery is not possible, for whatever reason, the customer will be considered in default of acceptance, and will be solely responsible for any costs or damages resulting therefrom.
(5) If delivery of the products by hand is impossible, the contract will be deemed to be fulfilled by depositing the products at a neighbour's home or, failing that, at your door. Delivery under these terms is entirely at the risk of the customer and Komi Box is not responsible for the deterioration or disappearance of the products.
(6) Upon delivery of an order containing alcohol, our delivery person is entitled to demand a valid ID in case of doubt regarding the age of the person who ordered. If the person turns out to be a minor, our deliverer reserves the right not to deliver the order.
(7) Any delivery problem (missing or damaged item) must be reported to us within 48 hours on 0477/53.74.70 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The corresponding returned item must then reach us within 14 days after receipt, requesting an exchange or refund.
(1) You can always cancel an order that has already been paid for, as long as you do not exceed the final cancellation date; you must therefore inform us by e-mail (email@example.com) no later than Thursday before 11 pm.
6 Prices and shipping costs, payment and right of suspension by Komi Box
(1) Unless otherwise stated, prices include VAT and shipping costs within Belgium
(2) The claims of Komi Box are due immediately.
(3) For payment, you can only use the means of payment agreed and indicated on the order, i.e. Bancontact or Paypal. Any order implies an obligation to pay the order in euros.
(4) Komibox is entitled to adjust its prices at any time.
7 Responsibility of Komi Box
(1) Komi Box is only liable for property damage or personal injury suffered by the client if they are the direct and exclusive consequence of a serious or intentional fault on the part of Komi Box or its employees.
(2) The liability of Komi Box for, loss of profit or income, loss of savings, and any other indirect and consequential damage is excluded.
(3) If you have chosen delivery to your neighbors or by any means other than hand delivery, you assume full risk. Komi Box is not responsible for the deterioration or disappearance of the products as well as for damages suffered by the customer as a result.
(4) Komi Box cannot be held liable for damages resulting from a case of force majeure, including strikes, illness, fire, malfunctions within Komi Box or its suppliers, transportation problems, weather conditions, violence, riots, brawls and actions of the police or firefighters. Force majeure is also understood to mean unforeseen circumstances occurring at third parties that Komi Box calls upon in the execution of the agreement.
(5) The liability provisions of the preceding paragraphs also apply to the (personal) liability of the organs, employees and auxiliary staff of Komi Box, who can rely on them.
(1) We process your personal data within the framework of order processing.
9 Applicable law, place of jurisdiction and invalid provisions
(1) All contracts concluded between Komi Box and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions relate are exclusively governed by Belgian law.
(2) Any dispute arising from the contract concluded between Komi Box and the client is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Brussels.
(3) If one of the provisions of these general conditions or the contract is or becomes invalid, the other provisions remain valid. In this case, the invalid provision will be replaced by a new provision that corresponds as much as possible to the old one in terms of content, scope or purpose.